This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

New custom templates for Add-in are not installed

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I'd installed Add-in for Word2010 but don't see any new document templates. "Import" and other buttons in Team menu are disabled

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I have seen this issue before. Do you have a folder called %appdata%\Microsoft\templates? If not, please create this folder and start Word again.

Thanks

Rob

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I'v created %appdata%\roaming\Microsoft\templates folder and now Add-in works!

I'm using Russian Windows7 version, so my templates folder name is "Шаблоны".

Thank you very much!

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Thanks Alexander, the other time I saw this was also related to a non-English version of Windows. Can you go to File-Options-Advanced dialogue, click File Locations... and share with me the value of the User Templates file type?

Thanks

Rob

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:01 PM

The value is "C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Шаблоны"

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Thank you. I had a fix for this problem but now I realise it is wrong and I will have to go back and look at it again.

Regards

Rob

Dec 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

There was a bug in getting the path to the user templates directory which meant that the Addin does not work on non-English versions of Office. I have a fix for this now which will be in the next release.

In the meantime the workaround is to create a %appdata%\roaming\Microsoft\templates directory.

Regards

Rob

May 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Hello,

I just installed the plugin and begin working with it.
I have a Spanish version of Windows 7 and use the approach defined above to make it work. But you have to add another step to the process: copy the Word4TFSSystemTemplate to the folder Templates. That way the buttons become enabled and you can connect to your TFS.

Cheers,
GS
May 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Thanks. The bug will be fixed in the next release.

Regards

Rob