No source code available

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Hi,

I'm wondering why there's no source code available for this project. One CodePlex requirement is to host the source code for a project on the site.

I tried to use your add-in on a german TFS installation and it gave me some error-messages (probably due to the fact that the link-types are named different). So it would be great to get the source code so I can fix it by myself.

Thank you!
Regards, Kalle
Developer
Aug 28, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Hello Kalle,

I am afraid I don't know the answer to the source code question. However, if you tell me what the error messages are I can see if I can help you with a solution.

Regards

Rob
Aug 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Edited Aug 28, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Hi Rob,

I try to import a user story with several linked tasks (link-type = child, on german the link-type is called: "Untergeordnet").

On "Adding the selected work items to the document" I get the following error "Ein Element mit dem angegebenen Namen ist nicht vorhanden"
(english translation: an element with the given name doesn't exist).

Thank you for your help.

Regards
Kalle
Developer
Aug 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM
The error dialogue has a Details button which will show the stack trace, can you share that with me?

Thanks

Rob
Aug 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Edited Aug 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM
My error dialogue does not have a detail button.
Some other error dialogues have one, but the detail-text is always the same as the message itself. There's no strack trace.

:-(

But in the meantime I found out, that when I click the refres-button then the imports runs successfully.
Though it would be great to use your add-in without errors...

Bye, Kalle
Developer
Aug 28, 2013 at 3:56 PM
That is very strange. I don't think this is related to link type name as the code has no knowledge of these. Does it work correctly with other simpler queries? The fact that the error message is in German suggests that the error is not coming from the Add In though, could you post a screenshot of the error somewhere? Another thing to do would be to use the SysInternals DebugView tool and get the Word4TFS output from that, it might offer a clue as to what is going on.

Thanks

Rob