Office 2007 With SP3

Oct 11, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Hi.

I'm surprised because in the user guide say that is necessary a Office 2007 with SP2 plus one hotfix. I have a Office 2007 with SP3 and the installer don't working. It tells me that I need this hotfix.

If I try to install the hotfix, it puts me a error message with something like, expected version not found.

What can I do?

Thanks. Regards.

Developer
Oct 11, 2012 at 9:56 AM

That is odd. Can you tell me what the version number is on the following file:

[ProgramFilesFolder]\Common Files\microsoft shared\OFFICE12\mso.dll

Thanks

Rob

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Hi.

The version numbre is 12.0.6662.5000.

Regards

Developer
Oct 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Can you also check the following registry setting:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\General and tell me the value of EnableLocalMachineVSTO

Thanks

Rob

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Uppps

Sorry, but I haven't this key: EnableLocalMachineVSTO. I only have Data key in General entry

In second ref inside User guide's Office2007 chapter tells that is necesary add this key after install the hotfix, but not before.

I don't understand

Thank's

Developer
Oct 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Please try following step 2 in the following knowledgebase article and then try to install again: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976811

Thanks

Rob

Oct 15, 2012 at 6:48 AM

It doesn't work

I tried to create this key in Register, and install the hotfix later but it didn't work.

The message was the same.

I have a Windows XP with SP3. And a Microsoft Office Word 2007 ( 12.0.6662.5003 ) SP3 MSO (12.0.6662.5000)

Thanks

Developer
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I don't think we ever tested on Windows XP. When you say it doesn't work now, do you mean it won't install, or that it installs but won't load when you run Word?

The installer checks for the presence of EnableLocalMachineVSTO and will fail the install if it is not present. I am not sure if just adding this value will resolve the problem, it looks like there may be other problems that will prevent the add-in from loading.

Can you share the pointer to the User Guide you mention?

Regards

Rob

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Hi, robjarratt

I created a new key in register with the value that suggest in the kb article's second point that you mention. 

And I tried to install again the hotfix, but the installer show me again the error.

Thank's

Developer
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I think the next step is going to be to look at the MSI log file. You can generate this by running the installer from the command line as follows:

msiexec /i <msi file name> /l*xcv log.txt

Please contact me via the People page so that we can arrange for you to email me the log file.

Regards

Rob

Developer
Nov 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM

This problem turned out to be a problem in the MSI. The published MSI will not install correctly on non-English versions of Windows. The problem has a fix and will be in the next release.

Regards

Rob