This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

TFS Online

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Will this become available as part of TFS Online?

Dec 3, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Sorry but I don't really understand the question. You can use the addin to query TFS Online because the TFS 2010 Object Model can work against TFS Online when it has the update that allows this.

Regards

Rob

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:05 AM

TFS online has a Build service, for me to utilize this feature I'll need it to be enabled. Are there any plans to include it as part of the TFS Build Online?

But I guess you answered it "TFS Online when it has the update that allows this".

Thanks.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Ah, now I understand. This is a Word Addin and it is used interactively with Word. I don't think it would be useful in its current form on a build server, but it is something that has been mentioned before.

Regards

Rob

May 15, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I've tried the add-in with TFS online and it wasn't a success. The documentation generated isn't usable. Here's an exemple:

Bug 128: DEV037
<html><head/><body></body></html>
Task 121: DEV021
<html><head/><body><h3 style="MARGIN:10pt 0cm 0pt;"><a name=_Toc352183240><span style="" lang=EN-CA><font color="#4f81bd" size=3 face=Cambria>Corporate Activity Profile</font></span></a><span style="" lang=EN-CA></span></h3>
<p>&#160;</p> Regards
Nick
May 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM
This happened because you used a layout where the field you used was mapped to a plain text content control. You will need to use a different layout, or edit the layout you want to use. To do the latter do the following:
  1. Go to the Layout Designer
  2. Select the layout you want to change
  3. Connect to the Team Project you are working with
  4. In the layout, select the field you want to change
  5. From the list of fields on the right double click the field name, this will paste the field into the layout at the current cursor position.
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each instance of the field that is coming out as HTML.
  7. Click Save Changes.
Now try importing work items again.

I am hoping to make changes to make this a smoother experience in the future.

Regards

Rob
Oct 29, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Does the same thing following those directions. If I change "Requirements Specification (Scrum)" to use "Description HTML", only the text "Description HTML" shows up in the document. If I change it to "Description", I get the actual HTML markup along with the description text.
Oct 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I am not sure I can explain that, did you do this for all the building blocks in the layout? The other way to fix this is to do it manually. Here are the steps:
  1. Go to the layout designer
  2. Select the layout you want to change
  3. In the layout, delete the "bad" field
  4. Go to the Developer ribbon (you may need to enable this in Word Options)
  5. Insert a Rich Text Content Control in the location where you want the description to go.
  6. Edit the properties of the Rich Text Content Control
  7. In the Tag field put the fields reference name (presumably System.Description).
  8. Repeat steps 3-8 for each occurrence of the description.
  9. Click Save Changes
Regards

Rob
Oct 29, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Funny, but I just did that before reading your message and was going to post it as a response that I got it working :).
Nov 7, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I an having this issue myself. When I follow the steps outlined I get the following error when attempting to save, "Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input".

Any suggestions?

Craig