Where are the queries stored?

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM
I happend to Import the same Work Item Query twice, and now I can't get rid of the duplicate. I can delete the Bookmark and the contained text, but for every Refresh, they are duplicated again.

I guess I need to delete the stored query, but I can't seem to find them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

regards
/Mattias
Developer
Mar 7, 2013 at 3:22 PM
The query is in a Custom XML Part, but there are actually a couple of related Custom XML Parts so it could be difficult to remove the duplicate query without corrupting the document.

One of the features I would like to add is the ability to do this kind of maintenance from a task pane or the ribbon because I have made similar mistakes too.

Regards

Rob
Mar 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Thanks for your input!

I noted the query bookmarks (TFS_WI_Qn_Wy) and found their corresponding <Query></Query>-lines in item1.xml and item2.xml and removed them, but apparently it wasn't supposed to be that easy...

I am getting an: "Work item 5526 bookmark is present but the work item content is missing from the document for query 11", and they are wrongly aligned for the rest of the document.

But I can't seem to find any other XML file containing the queries, so I guess there is no manual work-around for this?

Rewriting the document from scratch is not a very appealing option, but I might as well do it, now that I know the pitfalls, and I do get a chance to get my layouts better.

regards
/Mattias
Developer
Mar 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM
There are some other Custom XML Parts that make up all the structures needed by the addin. It is possible to change the XML by hand, but I would not recommend it, I have never done it myself.

I know this is a limitation of the current tool and that it ought to change, but you shouldn't need to rewrite the whole document if you can cut and paste the non-query parts of the document.

Regards

Rob